What is Angamardana?
Angamardana is a system rooted in yoga that offers to everyone the opportunity to invigorate the body and to reach physical and mental health.
‘Angamardana’ means gaining complete mastery over the limbs, organs and other parts of the body. This is a series of 31 processes.
With exercises carefully selected by Sadhguru to be of universal appeal and application, Angamardana needs no fitness equipment. It uses only the body and can be practiced anywhere, even during travel.
The practice is taught with simple, guided instructions provided by an accredited Isha™ Hatha Yoga teacher, and can be practiced thereafter at home. Regular practise sessions are also offered at the studio.
Benefits of Angamardana
- Physical Strength and Flexibility: Angamardana strengthens the muscles, joints, and ligaments, resulting in improved overall physical strength, flexibility, and agility. It tones the body and enhances body control and coordination.
- Cardiovascular Fitness: The practice of Angamardana involves dynamic movements and vigorous sequences that increase heart rate, improve blood circulation, and enhance cardiovascular endurance.
- Enhanced Energy Levels: Angamardana energizes the system, boosts vitality, and increases overall energy levels. Regular practice can help overcome feelings of lethargy and promote a sense of vigor and vitality.
- Stress Relief: Engaging in Angamardana can help reduce stress and tension in the body and mind. The practice incorporates deep breathing and mindful movements, promoting relaxation and a sense of calmness.
- Improved Body Posture: Angamardana focuses on aligning the body and correcting postural imbalances. Regular practice can help improve body posture, alleviate back and neck pain, and enhance overall body alignment.
- Mental Clarity and Focus: The dynamic and rhythmic movements in Angamardana, coupled with mindful awareness, can improve mental clarity, concentration, and focus. It helps calm the mind, reduce mental fatigue, and improve cognitive function.
- Weight Management: Angamardana is a physically engaging practice that can aid in weight management. The practice increases metabolism, burns calories, and helps build lean muscle mass.
- Enhanced Digestion: The twisting and compressing movements in Angamardana massage and stimulate the internal organs, promoting healthy digestion, improving metabolism, and aiding in detoxification.
- Boosted Immune System: Regular practice of Angamardana stimulates and strengthens the immune system, enhancing the body's natural defense mechanisms and improving overall immune function.
- Mind-Body Balance: Angamardana is a holistic practice that integrates the physical and mental aspects. It promotes a sense of balance, harmony, and well-being by connecting the body, breath, and mind.
- Suitable for ages 8+
- High-level intensity
- No prior knowledge or background in yoga is required
- Angamardana Workshop: € 375
- 40 day post-workshop practice support included
- 1 free correction session included
- Small group with more individual corrections
- Discount possible for those who need it.
- Consecrated space with Devi Yantra
11 - 12. Feb. 2023
9-12 am + 5-8 pm on 11.02 (Sat)
9-12 am + 5-8 pm on 12.02 (Sun)
Frequently asked questions
Is Angamardana workshop suitable for me?
Angamardana is suitable for anyone who is older than 8 years. If you are relevantly mobile and have no severe back or heart problem or hernia, you are always welcome to try it out.
Due to the intensity of the practice it is not suitable for a lady who is pregnant. It is also recommended not to do Angamardana within 6 months of any open surgery; or with 6 weeks of any laparoscopic surgery.
I don't done any yoga before. Can I still attend the Angamardana workshop?
Yes. You can for sure attend the Angamardana workshop, regardless your previous experience in yoga. There is no pre requisite for learning Angamardana.
The entire practice is taught in such depth, including the correctness of the postures and how to do the breathing. After the practice, you will be able to repeat the full routine on your own.
What is Angamardana?
Angamardana is a powerful yogic practice that involves a series of dynamic movements designed to strengthen the muscles, increase flexibility, and improve overall fitness.
Who can practice Angamardana?
Angamardana is suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels. However, it is recommended to consult with a qualified yoga instructor or healthcare professional before starting the practice, especially if you have any pre-existing health conditions or injuries.
What are the benefits of practicing Angamardana?
Angamardana offers a range of benefits, including increased physical strength, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness, stress relief, improved body posture, enhanced mental clarity, and improved overall well-being.
How long does an Angamardana session typically last?
An Angamardana session usually lasts around 60-90 minutes, depending on the pace and intensity of the practice.
Can Angamardana help with weight loss?
Yes, Angamardana can support weight management goals as it is a physically engaging practice that burns calories, increases metabolism, and helps build lean muscle mass.
Is prior yoga experience necessary to practice Angamardana?
No prior yoga experience is necessary to start practicing Angamardana. The practice is designed to be accessible to beginners, and modifications can be provided to accommodate individual needs and abilities.
How often should one practice Angamardana?
It is recommended to practice Angamardana at least three to four times a week to experience its full benefits. Consistency and regularity are key to progress in the practice.
Can Angamardana be practiced at home?
Yes, once you have learned the practice under the guidance of a qualified instructor, you can continue to practice Angamardana at home. However, it is recommended to practice under proper guidance initially to ensure correct technique and alignment.
Can Angamardana help with relieving back pain?
Yes, Angamardana can help strengthen the back muscles, improve posture, and alleviate back pain. However, if you have specific back issues, it is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before starting the practice.
Is it necessary to be physically fit to practice Angamardana?
Angamardana can be practiced by individuals of varying fitness levels. The practice is designed to gradually build strength and flexibility. However, if you have any concerns about your fitness level or specific health conditions, it's best to consult with a healthcare professional before starting the practice.